Saturday, September 1, 2012

Feeling (Yves Klein) blue...



 The fun and excitement of Summer is coming to an end and it is time to face the Fall...

If you need a little pep in your step as you enter the next season of the year or even the next phase in your life, then try transitioning the brilliant blues from your summer wardrobe with the traditional fall hues of black, grey, chocolate, and caramel.

Yves Klein Blue



Kelly Wearstler boatneck top / Joie animal print top, $325 / Goldsign denim skinny jeans, $280 / Rachel Zoe slip on shoes / Azzaro blue clutch / Moschitto Designs geometric jewelry / Erickson Beamon oversized ring / Rebecca Minkoff tech accessory / Essie blue glitter nail polish



Clients and contractors are always noticing that I tend to wear outfits or articles of clothing that "match" the room or house. Of course, I never purposefully do so, but it happens so often that I am no longer surprised when I walk into a room and look down and I am wearing the same color blouse, shoe, or bag as the curtains, sofa, or rug. Even this blog post matches my work as you can see in the photo I took on my phone this week of the curtains that were installed in a client's beach house...look familiar?

I have put together a yummy Pinterest board with some flirty fashion finds, bright furniture accent pieces and entire rooms that are the color of what the design world describes as "Yves Klein Blue", named after the french artist of the Nouveau réalisme movement founded in the 60's. Many of Yves Klein's series consisted of paintings, sculptures, and decorative art pieces in this brilliant sapphire+cobalt+lapis color combination.
Yves Klein sponge relief
To see more of his work, click here.

Want more Yves Klein Blue? Then follow me on Pinterest by clicking the "follow all" button on my profile page, or click here. Below is a teaser of images from my Pinterest Board..


Miles Redd

Thom Filicia














1 comment: