Monday, November 7, 2011

In need of a parachute

Our entire office is doing the popular Isogenix cleanse (no it's not Beyonce's cayenne pepper and lemon juice cleanse). The cleanse is all about eliminating sugar, caffeine, alcohol, and all vices that cause the body to go into sugar-burning mode instead of fat-burning mode....I won't bore you with the details, but I will tell you that this has been one of the hardest tests of self-restraint I have ever been up against.


Saying I have a sweet tooth is an understatement, I am a sugar addict. My dad may be a dentist, and I may have pearly white teeth, but let me tell you, I have had my fair share of cavities since I was a little girl. (gasp!)



I am on day four of the 11 day Isogenix cleanse and while the migraine headaches from sugar withdraw have subsided, I continue to crave, even lust for the smallest particle of refined sugar on the tip of my tongue.

As I try to stay focused and get work done, my mind wonders to the taste of chocolate chip cookies, Halloween candy, and the slice of wedding cake I resisted eating this weekend while home in Nashville at my friend Meredith's wedding.

Oh how I long for a parachute, to carry my tired, sugar-free, empty body far far away from my "cleanse world" that is filled with nutrient rich shakes, tablets, raw nuts, greens, and lean protein.....


If the powers at be can't send a parachute to take me away from sugar-free land, I would at least like to be wearing one of these gorgeous parachute inspired frocks as a reward for my self-control thus far...





images via Pinterest







1 comment:

  1. I wonder what it would be like to wear a parachute canopy for once.

    ReplyDelete