Monday, May 7, 2012

Albert Hadley on One Kings Lane

Last year I was in the art gallery Gerald Bland on the Upper East Side. They had just acquired the sketches of the iconic interior designer Albert Hadley. Seeing that Hadley was born in my hometown of Nashville, Tennessee, and I had learned all about him in interior design school; I knew I just had to have a piece of his work. I purchased Hadley's watercolor, pencil and ink interior of the Trellis Room at The Colony Club, which was designed by the first interior designer Elsie De Wolfe. I also purchased the black and white pencil sketch version of the Trellis Room and gave it to my mentor Amanda Nisbet for Christmas.

Sadly, we lost Mr. Hadley in March at the age of 91. His work will be studied years to come and I am so glad to have my own piece of interior design history.

If you want to purchase your own Albert Hadley sketch, you only have until noon tomorrow, May 8th to buy one from One Kings Lane....

Here are a few of my favorites that are still for sale...
 1950s Room with Chinese Cabinet ($1,799)

74th Street, set of 2, ($2,199)

960 5th Avenue ($1,599)


B. Samuel Living Room ($1,499) 





Some of my favorites that have already sold...



Getty Interior, New York, 1984

 Hawks House
 Library with Two Pedestal Tables
Sitting Room with Convex Mirror
 Library with Daybed
 Library with Mounted Trophies
 Room with Bust and Pedestal

Canopy Bed for Jeanne Lawrence
 Blue Room Presentation Drawing
 The Powder Room at Cheekwood
 Gracie Mansion

Lady Mendl, New York

 Elsie De Wolfe Tent Room

 Parish Hadley, Presentation Bedroom One

The Dining Room







No comments:

Post a Comment