Saturday, August 13, 2011

R-E-S-I-N...Find out what it means to me

While vacationing in the Florida panhandle with my family, I always like to stop into the local furniture and antique stores to see what the Southern coastal design community has to offer. I always make a point to stop in Pizitz Home & Cottage located in Seaside's Central Square, where they sell works of art by one of my favorite artists Bonnie Fuchs. My first exposure to the concept of coating a painting in resin was when I first saw Bonnie Fuchs works while vacationing in Seaside several years ago.


Bonnie Fuchs

Bonnie Fuchs

Bonnie Fuchs

Bonnie Fuchs



I did a little bit of digging and found some other great resin covered paintings....






an inexpensive etsy find.....



Now this one is actually just painted resin, but I just died when I saw it!
This is going in my "I die" folder for sure.



I did a little bit of research to learn more about the resin coating process. The DIY light bulb immediately went off in my head after watching this YouTube video...hmmm, which one of my original Maggie Waltemath paintings shall I coat in resin?

Looks like I'm going to be sending my laundry out this weekend as I'm off to buy a face mask, resin, and hardener....




"vibrance and chaos blog by maggie waltemath"

No comments:

Post a Comment