Monday, August 27, 2012

My closet relationship

What is it with me and closets? My 1st year in NYC I sublet an apartment with 3 girls and my bedroom was actually the walk-in closet of the master bedroom; outfitted with built-in shelves, racks, etc straight from California Closets. 

Last night I slept in the closet of my hotel room in the Hamptons with pillows all around me to protect me from a tornado and severe thunderstorms while sirens and 

lighting continued through the night.

Tonight I was so thankful to be sleeping in my own bed in my little west village bedroom, which happens to be smaller than every single closet, and even the two laundry rooms of my client's house in the Hamptons....

Then on top of everything I just got an email from my landlord that she sold my apartment while I've been away, so it looks like I am now in the market for a new closet to live in...

I can only imagine the responses I would get from this Craigslist listing...


"Straight White Female Interior Designer looking for a closet to live in, 

preferably West Village above Christopher Street. 

Near an Equinox or Barry's Bootcamp is a plus. 

Must be allowed to furnish with designer pieces"




Here are a few closets that I wouldn't mind living in...

Keri Russell's closet via Elle Decor

a masculine rocker closet by Steven Gambrel

A whimsical wallpapered closet by Thom Filicia

A white & traditional closet with shirred fabric lined doors and brass hardware

A lacquered cornflower blue closet via Elle Decor

A chic white and emerald green closet with brass hardware

A grey closet with large scale lanterns and etched glass by LA Closet Design

A Hollywood Regency panelled closet by Kelly Wearstler









No comments:

Post a Comment